Case Study You Will find all the instructions in the File attached. please follow closely University of Business and Technology
College of Engineering
Fall Semester 2021
Arch 462 – BUILDING CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
Dr. Jawad Alsuliman
Student Name: ———————————————-
Student ID: —————
The National Education Group Ltd (NEGL) is the owner of Jeddah school. NEGL is currently
renting a building to use as a primary school in Jeddah. The lease contract will end one year from
now, one month after the end of the next school year. NEGL has decided to build a new school at a
suitable location close by, they already own the land. This new building must be ready to operate at
least one month before the first day of the school year after the next. The school’s summer holiday
lasts for 3 months.
Your company, Abni Consultancy Firm (ACF) has decided to bid to offer the project management
services required for this project. NEGL has not taken decision yet regarding the Strategic Project
Plan (SPP). However, NEGL has declared some information about the project including the 4000
m2 size of the project area, and that the school must include 2 classrooms per year group,
supplementary classrooms, drawing and craft studies, computer labs, multipurpose rooms, a main
hall, a restaurant, an administration section, an indoor playground, an outdoor play area and car
parks. The building must be limited to two floors. The school will accommodate 240 students. Your
manager has also told you that for NEGL cost is not a big concern.
You have been asked by your manager to develop a draft report to cover some components of the
• Project scope,
• Project delivery method,
• Contract type,
• WBS, and
• Draft schedule.
• Develop a safety plan (extra 250 words – 5 points bonus)
1. To demonstrate an understanding of Construction Management basics
2. To improve research and evaluation skills.
• Word count is 750 words. (10% flexibility in word count is permitted). If the word counts
violate these limits there will be an automatic 10% penalty deducted from the final mark.
• Diagrams and charts are to be used when appropriate.
• The recommended text size is 12 pt and Times New Roman font. And line space should be
Your overall grade will reflect:
1. The quality of the information in your investigation.
2. The relevance of your information to the given scenario.
3. The detailed nature and comprehensiveness of your assignment.
4. The consistency of information in all sections.
5. The organization of the report.
The total mark for the assignment is 20. (5 points extra for doing Safety plan)
• The due date for the assignment is 09-12-2021.
• Any delay will incur a 10% penalty to be deducted from the final mark.