Please help with assignment
This week, critically think about the theories and studies that were developed regarding psychobiology, cognitive psychology, and the study of human behavior associated with brain activity. Familiarize yourself with the Module 7 objectives, introduction, videos, articles, and all other content in the module. For primary references, use our readings for the week, then utilize the Saint Leo Library for peer reviewed sources and to find relevance to the topic this week.
Please share your information with this thread and answer the following questions:
1) Psychobiology is a field that helped to establish the biological basis of human behavior. Describe what you feel is the biggest influence from psychobiology that led to how human behavior is viewed today.
2) In the Pre-1930’s, it was believed that the human brain works like a car and that if certain responses or stimuli are separated, the body cannot function properly. This developed the five most significant stimuli. What do you feel are the most vital stimuli that determine how the human brain operates? Why do feel your choice is the most important?
Readings for the week
· Hebb, D. O. (1955). Drives and the C.N.S. (conceptual nervous system). Psychological Review, 62, 243-254.
· Miller, G. A. (1956). The magical number seven, plus or minus two: Some limits on our capacity for processing information. Psychological Review, 63, 81-97.
· Tolman, E. C. (1948). Cognitive maps in rats and men. Psychological Review, 55, 189–208.