Health Care Consumer Presentation See Attached In this assignment, you will analyze the impact of government regulations on the health care consumer for de
Health Care Consumer Presentation See Attached In this assignment, you will analyze the impact of government regulations on the health care consumer for demonstrating skill in regulatory environment application. As a health care manager, you must understand the highly regulated environment of health care and you will be responsible for complying with those requirements.
Preparing for the Assignment:
Imagine you have been asked to give a presentation at a health care expo about consumers and their health care choices. To accomplish this presentation, you have decided to select a health care company or product to use as an example during your presentation.
Choose 1 of the following companies or products to use in your presentation:
• Insurance company launching a new medical product for the health insurance exchange
• Hospital system launching a new a post joint replacement class
• Medical device manufacturer launching a new metal alloy prosthesis
Create a 12- to 15-slide presentation that includes the following:
• Section 1: General company or product information
• Describe the selected health care company or product.
• Describe the value of the services offered by your selected health care company or product.
• Section 2: Consumer information
• Analyze how consumers share health information through the company or the product.
• Analyze the implications of communication methods used when sharing health information. Consider communication from physicians, pharmacies, and consumers when information is shared.
• Section 3: Impact of outside agencies
• Using the company or product you selected and their health care sector, analyze the impact government agencies have on services companies offered or products that are available to the health care consumer from the company or product you selected and the heath care sector they belong to. For example, a manufacturer of durable medical equipment will be subject to different regulations and government oversight than a medical waste management company.
• Section 4: Impact of regulations
• Analyze the effect of health care reform on the health care consumer who uses your selected company or product.
• Section 5: Anticipating the changing market
• Explain how consumers’ options for health care are changing. Consider if it will have an impact on the use of the company or product selected.
• Explain how you will ensure the selected health care company or product will be relevant and engaging to the consumer over time. Consider how advances in technology and medicine may influence the use of the company or product over time.
Include a title slide, a reference slide, and speaker notes.
Format your references according to APA guidelines.