Managerial Economics Identify one interesting article about an issue related to microeconomics and one interesting article about an issue related to macroeconomics. Then for each selected article, write a 2-4-page analysis. For the choice of topics and selection of your article, your class notes and readings should spark some ideas. You will also need to read newspapers (The Boston Globe, The New York Times, etc.), magazines (The Economist, Money, Newsweek, Times, etc.), and journals (The Wall Street Journal). See Structure and Organization of Article Summary in the Writing Assignments folder. Structure of analysis
Your analysis should contain the following:
1. How is your selected article related to microeconomics or macroeconomics?
2. What issue or question is your selected article addressing?
3. Why should this issue or question be of interest?
4. Summarize the article. Make sure to state the methods and findings of the article.
5. Make your own assessment of the issue or question. Use principles developed in the
course or textbook to support your arguments whenever it is possible.
6. Provide a brief summary of your findings and conclusion.
7. Provide the references.
8. Provide tables/appendix (if necessary)
9. Provide figures/appendix (if necessary)
Style and organization–Some basic rules
1. Title page with name.
2. Paper typed, double-spaced, with margin wide enough.
3. Pages numbered.
5. Numbers, titles, and brief explanations of figures and tables.
6. Footnotes (if applicable).
7. No typos.
8. Watch for grammatical mistakes and incorrect sentence structures.
How long should your paper be?
Limit each analysis to 2-4 double-spaced typed pages (excluding any tables, figures,
bibliography, and title page). Note that a short paper that incorporates a lot of information is
much more impressive than a long paper which says very little.
How will your paper be graded?
Your paper will be graded on how completely and competently your question is answered within
the above steps and structure. It should be well written (style and organization) and on time.