Please read below statement: IMPORTANT PLEASE READ FULL INSTRUCTIONS. NO PLAGIARISM! NO QUOTES, MUST PARAPHRASE. I WILL CHECK FOR RECYCLED WORK AND PLAGIARISM. THIS ASSIGNMENT IS DUE 12/05/21 AT 9PM PST. IF YOU CANT MEET THIS DEADLINE, DONT AGREE TO DO MY ASSIGNMENT. PRICE ISNT NEGOTIABLE. PLEASE UNDERSTAND BY ACCEPTING TO DO MY WORK, I HAVE STRICT RULES. I DONT LIKE TO DISPUTE, BUT I WILL IF DIRECTIONS ARENT BEING FOLLOWED. IF I SEE SOMETHING WRONG AFTER PURCHASING, I WILL GIVE YOU A CHANCE TO FIX IT IMMEDIATELY. THIS DOESNT MEAN HOURS LATER. IF YOU TURN SOMETHING INTO ME EARLY, I EXPECT YOU TO FIX MY ASSIGNMENT IMMEDIATELY. DONT LIE TO ME, IF THESE RULES ARENT FOLLOWED, I WILL DISPUTE
Discussion Attached! 1. According to the Stevens et al., what are the unique functions of the university as a
sieve? incubator? temple? hub? (list each separately)
2. According to Stevens et al., what three problems have sociologists of higher education
generally pursued? What are your thoughts on what should be pursued by sociologists
of higher education?
3. According to Kidder and Binder, how do university organizations shape student’s
4. According to Kidder and Binder, what were the three conservative groups on campus
and what type of orientation to Trump did they foster?
5. Reyes studied Latinx/o student organizations on three college campuses. What were
these three college campuses and what were their characteristics? According to you,
which campus is most similar to SJSU and why?
6. According to Reyes, what were the three campus contexts that mattered for the
Latinx/o student organizations?
7. Regarding Reyes’ findings related to political engagement, which campus was most
politically engaged and why? Which campus was least politically engaged and why?
8. In Chapter 8, Reyes lists several things each campus can do to support Latino students.
Which ideas do you prefer? Which ideas do you think would be best for SJSU to work
on? Can you think of any other initiatives that would support Latinx and other student
groups on campus?
9. If you were conducting a study on how universities shape students lives, identities or
politics, what would your research study look like? Which population would you study?
What would your questions or ideas be?
10. What do the three pieces (the two articles and the book for this week) have in
common? How do their main arguments dovetail? What are your takeaway points from