4.1 Discussion: Devotional – Is Profit Biblical?
1. You identified a company or industry of interest to use in your degree program. Until the world finds a way to not need charities, we need profitable organizations to pay good wages to generate the ability to personally donate. There is often public debate about “reasonable profit.” What is reasonable? Is it an after-tax rate of 3%? 6%? 13%? What about the years when profit is -4% or -11%, meaning a loss was incurred? Can a company then be allowed to make 18% the next year for an average of 7% if 7% is considered “reasonable”? Who and what determines “reasonable profit?”
2. Consider these questions and post your thoughts on them:
a. Is profit inherently evil or can it exist in the kingdom of God? Please explain.
b. Is there such a thing as unreasonable profits in your company or industry of interest? If so, how do we determine that level where profits become unreasonable? If not, what do you say to those who feel there is?
4.2 Discussion: Research-based Peer Alternative Response to 3.3
1. Review the initial internal and external marketing environment report from your peer as submitted to the
2. You will need to do appropriate research on the industry and category so that you understand them in order to make an educated analysis and recommendation for this section of the consultant’s report. It is important to start out with a thorough understanding of the category and industry. You should not rely on the original writer’s research and description of the industry.
3. You will provide a 250- to 350-word review to your peer as a post in the discussion forum. Your review must provide a different or alternative perspective, interpretation, conclusion, and/or recommendation for at least one (1) of the four (4) elements noted in the assignment (these should be the 4 titled sections from the Market Analysis Report Template), based on your personal objective analysis of the category using credible sources. You do not need to have an alternative for all four elements of the assignment, but your alternative may involve more than one element since many of them are related.
4. You will not discuss the original writer’s analysis or recommendation; all of your comments must be focused on your objective interpretation and analysis. You must have a distinctly different perspective and/or recommendation in your alternative response. In other words, you are looking at the same scenario in the same industry and/or category, but you are coming to a different conclusion such that any form of “I agree” in your review is not an option.
5. You must cite at least two credible sources that were not used by the original writer to support your interpretation and recommendation.
6. Cite your work per current APA standards, however, indenting of the references is not required due to the discussion board format. (See the APA Style Guide.)
4.3 Discussion: Research-based Marketing Plan Initial Proposal – Pricing, Promotion, and Distribution Channels
1. Construct a proposal to NextEra Energy Inc. of 1000 words (+/- 50 words) using at least four credible and objective sources not provided as resources in the course in your analysis, plus at least one source provided in the course reading list.
2. Use the titles in the Market Analysis Report Template to create six sections for this part of the consultant’s report:
a. Analysis of Current Pricing Models in the Market
b. Analysis of Current Promotional Models in the Market
c. Analysis of Current Distribution Models in the Market
d. Recommended Pricing Strategy for NextEra Energy Inc.
e. Recommended Promotional Strategy for NextEra Energy Inc.
f. Recommended Distribution Strategy for NextEra Energy Inc.
3. The first three sections require significant quantitative data and will be used to support the three recommendation sections. These analysis sections should provide a solid overview of existing competition with enough specifics from primary competitors to demonstrate a mastery of the market. You will not need to detail every competitor in the market; you should focus on those competitors which will be closest to NextEra Energy Inc. in the positioning matrix and/or those who hold the largest market shares.
4. You do not need to necessarily use a different strategy than the competition in any of the three recommendation sections, but your recommendations must provide a logical and substantially strong argument for why your set of tactics will be successful. Going head-to-head is very difficult so your combination of tactics must meet the standard that it has a high likelihood of success. You should be creative and use the most current methods and trends to establish differentiation for your target customers.
5. Cite your work per current APA standards, however, indenting of the references is not required due to the discussion board format. (See the APA Style Guide.)
4.4 Assignment: Research-based Marketing Plan Final Proposal – Product Development and Market Demand
1. This is your revised final draft of the product development and market demand section of your consultant’s report. It is based on what you posted in the 2.3 Discussion and on your peer’s comments and response posted in the 3.2 Discussion.
2. Your revised final report must integrate your peer’s alternative analysis or recommendation as an alternative perspective as part of your final report. You must either accept your peer’s perspective as a replacement to your initial proposal based on adequate credible theory and current marketing practice to accept it or you must provide adequate credible theory and current marketing practice to reject it. If you accept it as the correct analysis or recommendation, then the peer alternative will become the primary focus of your final paper, and your original analysis and/or recommendation will be noted as an alternative perspective that you have rebutted through cited research. If you do not accept the alternative, then you only need to discuss it as an alternative and provide objective and qualified reasons to reject it.
3. Use the titles in the Market Analysis Report Template to provide structure for the following four elements in your consultants’ report:
a. Product Development
i. Key differentiating characteristics of the offering
ii. Analysis of demand in the market
b. Market Segment Demand
i. Quantitative data used to determine projected demand
ii. Methodology used to determine demand
4. The body of your paper (i.e. excluding title page, graphics, appendices, and references page) must be 1300 words (+/- 50 words). In the event that your peer did not provide feedback, your length must be 1000 words (+/- 0 words) and you will not be penalized for not including the missing feedback.
5. You must use, cite, and reference at least five credible sources not provided in the course documents, plus at least one source provided in the course documents.