Self Reflection Pape’r Instructions are in the uploaded file. Communication 3
Fall Semester 2021
Points Possible: 75 points
Due Date: 11:59 pm on Wednesday, December 15th
This paper is an opportunity for students to reflect on their experiences with public speaking as they approach their second speech. The goal of this assignment is to give students a way to demonstrate what they have learned while also exploring ways to improve their upcoming speeches.
· The focus of this paper should be your growth as a public speaker during the semester, but how you choose to address this topic is up to you. Ask yourself what you knew about public speaking (think concepts from our textbook) before this course, then focus on what you have learned. Be sure to discuss where you can continue to improve your public speaking in the future, in addition to what you have already accomplished.
· The paper is to be written in essay form, with a distinct introduction (including a thesis statement and a preview of the organization of the paper’s main points), a body, and a conclusion.
· The paper should be approximately four pages in length, typed in 12pt. font, double-spaced, single-sided, and conform to guidelines for written assignments listed in the syllabus.
· Papers must include a reference page and cite course concepts (from the textbook or other articles we read in class). You can also conduct outside research, although it is not required. All facts, paraphrases, and quotations must be accompanied by a citation formatted according to one of the approved style manuals. Whichever citation style you choose, it is your responsibility to research the format and use it correctly and consistently.
Consider the following questions to guide your paper:
· Where was your comfortability for delivering speeches at the beginning of the course?
· Are you more confident now?
· What did you do to prepare for your speeches?
· How was your experience while delivering the speech?
· How did you feel after?
· Is there anything you gained from listening to other presentations?
· How would you improve your performance for your next speech?
· Finally, how do you plan on approaching the next speech given the feedback given by you, your instructor, and your peers?
Assignment Due Date:
This assignment is due no later than Wednesday, December 15th at 11:59 pm. You will upload your paper on Canvas for submission to turnitin.com.*
* You may “opt-out” of participating in turnitin.com. If you choose to do so, you must notify me in writing by attaching your request to a hard copy of your paper.
Grading criteria (what I am looking for):
How well organized is your essay? Does it flow smoothly and logically from one point to the next? Do you back up your points with specific examples? Do you identify and cite your sources properly? Do you understand the concepts from this course? How thoughtful is your essay? How creative is it?
If you have any questions about this assignment, please contact me. If you need help with your writing, feel free to visit the University Writing Center in person or visit their website (http://www.fresnostate.edu/artshum/english/writingcenter/)