W7D1 Wald Post an analysis of the impact of bias on your professional behavior. In your analysis, do the following: See attachment for detailed instructions:
No APA citing Discussion: Exploring Personal Bias
Earlier in the course, you examined the importance of a diverse and inclusive culture. An inhibitor to this type of culture can be found through personal biases, which people often have without even realizing it. Individuals and organizations can help create a better culture by first acknowledging these biases and then taking steps to address them. It is important for managers to examine their own thoughts, behaviors, values, and biases to ensure they set a precedent for others.
In this Discussion, you will have the opportunity to analyze a time when your personal biases affected your choices. Based on this analysis, you will decide whether you would act differently if faced with a similar situation in the future.
To prepare for this Discussion:
· Identify a time in your professional life when your preconceptions or biases affected your behavior or decisions.
4 steps for busting unconscious bias – YouTube
The Difference Between Workplace Equity And Equality, And Why It Matters (forbes.com)
6 Ways to Be an Inclusive Manager in a Diverse Workforce (linkedin.com)
The Secret Behind Authentic Leadership (kornferry.com)
Post an analysis of the impact of bias on your professional behavior. In your analysis, do the following:
· Describe the situation and the assumptions you made.
· Did these assumptions turn out to be accurate?
· Identify the impact(s) of your assumptions on you and/or your behaviors, on others, or on the organization.
· Examine what you would—and would not—do differently if faced with a similar situation in the future.
· 3 – 4 paragraphs
· No plagiarism
· APA citing